Article 614. Rent.
1. The tenant is obliged to make a timely payment for the use of property (rent).
The procedure, terms and conditions for the payment of the rent shall be determined by the lease agreement. In the case when they are not defined by the contract, it is considered that the procedure, conditions and terms are established, usually applied when renting similar property under comparable circumstances.
2. The rent is established for all the leased property as a whole or separately for each of its component parts in the form of:
1) defined in a fixed amount of payments made periodically or at a time;
2) the established share of products, fruits or income obtained as a result of using the leased property;
3) the provision of certain services by the tenant;
4) the transfer by the lessee to the lessor of the thing stipulated by the contract for ownership or lease;
5) laying on the tenant of the contractual costs of improving the leased property.
The parties may provide in the lease agreement a combination of the indicated forms of rent or other forms of payment for rent.
3. Unless otherwise provided by the contract, the amount of the rent may be changed by agreement of the parties within the terms stipulated by the contract, but not more than once a year. The law may provide for other minimum terms for revising the amount of rent for certain types of lease, as well as for renting certain types of property.
4. Unless otherwise provided by law, the tenant has the right to demand a corresponding reduction in the rent, if, due to circumstances for which he is not responsible, the conditions of use stipulated in the lease agreement or the condition of the property deteriorated significantly.
5. Unless otherwise provided by the lease agreement, in the event of a significant violation by the tenant of the terms for the payment of the rent, the lessor shall have the right to demand from him an early payment of the rent within the time specified by the lessor. At the same time, the lessor is not entitled to demand early payment of the rent for more than two consecutive terms.
<< Article 613 TKRF Back to table of contents Article 615 TKRF >>
References to other articles of chapter 34. Rent:
Article 606. Lease Agreement.
Article 607. Rental Objects.
Article 608. Landlord.
Article 609. The form and state registration of the lease agreement.
Article 610. The term of the lease agreement.
Article 611. Provision of property to the tenant.
Article 612. The responsibility of the lessor for the shortcomings of the leased property.
Article 613. The rights of third parties to the property being leased.
Article 615. The use of leased property.
Article 616. Obligations of the parties on the maintenance of the leased property.
Article 617. Preservation of the lease agreement in force when the parties change.
Article 618. Termination of a sublease agreement upon early termination of a lease agreement.
Article 619. Premature termination of the contract at the request of the lessor.
Article 620. Premature termination of the contract at the request of the tenant.
Article 621. Tenant’s preemptive right to conclude a lease for a new term.
Article 622. Return of the leased property to the lessor.
Article 623. Improvements to leased property.
Article 624. Repurchase of leased property.
Article 625. Features of certain types of lease and lease of certain types of property.
Article 626. Rental Agreement.
Article 627. The term of the rental contract.
Article 628. Provision of property to the tenant.
Article 629. Elimination of defects of leased property.
Article 630. Rent under the contract of hire.
Article 631. Use of leased property.
Article 632. The contract of lease of the vehicle with the crew.
Article 633. The form of a lease agreement for a vehicle with a crew.
Article 634. The obligation of the lessor to maintain the vehicle.
Article 635. The obligations of the lessor in the management and technical operation of the vehicle.
Article 636. The obligation of the tenant to pay the costs associated with the commercial operation of the vehicle.
Article 637. Vehicle insurance.
Article 638. Contracts with third parties on the use of the vehicle.
Article 639. Responsibility for damage caused to a vehicle.
Article 640. Liability for damage caused by a vehicle.
Article 641. Features of the lease of certain types of vehicles.
Article 642. Contract of renting a vehicle without a crew.
Article 643. The form of a lease agreement for a vehicle without a crew.
Article 644. The obligation of the tenant on the maintenance of the vehicle.
Article 645. Obligations of the lessee on the management of the vehicle and on its technical operation.
Article 646. The obligation of the tenant to pay the cost of maintaining the vehicle.
Article 647. Contracts with third parties on the use of the vehicle.
Article 648. Responsibility for damage caused by a vehicle.
Article 649. Features of the lease of certain types of vehicles.
Article 650. A lease agreement for a building or structure.
Article 651. The form and state registration of the lease agreement for a building or structure.
Article 652. Rights to a land plot when renting a building or structure located on it.
Article 653. The tenant retains a building or structure of the right to use a land plot when it is sold.
Article 654. Amount of rent.
Article 655. Transfer of a building or structure
Article 656. The lease agreement of the enterprise.
Article 657. The rights of creditors when leasing an enterprise.
Article 658. The form and state registration of the lease agreement of the enterprise.
Article 659. Transfer of a leased enterprise.
Article 660. The use of the property of the leased enterprise.
Article 661. Obligations of the tenant on maintenance of the enterprise and payment of expenses for its operation.
Article 662. The introduction of improvements in the leased enterprise by the tenant.
Article 663. The application to the lease agreement of an enterprise of the rules on the consequences of the invalidity of transactions, on the amendment and termination of the agreement.
Article 664. Return of the leased enterprise.
Article 665. Financial Lease Agreement
Article 666. Subject of a financial lease agreement.
Article 667. Notification of the seller of the lease of property.
Article 668. Transfer to the lessee of the subject of a financial lease agreement.
Article 669. Transfer to the tenant of the risk of accidental death or accidental damage to property.
Article 670. Responsibility of the seller.