Article 720. Acceptance by the customer of the work performed by the contractor.
1. The customer is obliged to inspect and accept the work done (its result) with the contractor’s participation, in the terms and in the manner prescribed by the contract, and upon detection of derogations from the contract worsening the result of work or other shortcomings in the work, immediately inform the contractor.
2. The customer, who discovered defects in the work when accepting it, has the right to refer to them in cases if the act or other document certifying the acceptance specified these deficiencies or the possibility of subsequent presentation of a request for their elimination.
3. Unless otherwise provided by the contract agreement, the customer who accepted the work without verification is deprived of the right to refer to the shortcomings of the work that could have been established with the usual method of its acceptance (obvious shortcomings).
4. The customer who found after accepting the work of withdrawal from the contract or other defects that could not be identified with the usual method of acceptance (hidden defects), including those that were deliberately hidden by the contractor, is obliged to notify the contractor of a reasonable term on their detection.
5. If a dispute arises between the customer and the contractor about the shortcomings of the work performed or their reasons, an expert examination should be appointed at the request of either party. Expenses for the examination shall be borne by the contractor, unless the examination has established that there is no violation by the contractor of a contract or causal link between the actions of the contractor and the defects found. In these cases, the costs of the examination shall be borne by the party who requested the appointment of the examination, and if it is appointed by agreement between the parties, both parties are equally.
6. Unless otherwise provided by the contract agreement, if the customer evades accepting the completed work, the contractor is entitled after one month from the date when according to the agreement the result of the work was to be transferred to the customer, and subject to a subsequent double warning to the customer to sell the result of the work, and the proceeds after deduction of all payments due to the contractor, make a deposit in the name of the customer in the manner provided for in Article 327 of this Code.
7. If the customer’s evasion from accepting the work performed resulted in a delay in the delivery of work, the risk of accidental death of the manufactured (processed or processed) thing is deemed to have passed to the customer at the time when the transfer of the thing was to take place.
<< Article 719 TKRF Back to table of contents Article 721 TKRF >>
Links to other articles of chapter 37. Contract:
Article 702. Contract Agreement
Article 703. Work performed under a contract.
Article 704. Performance of work by dependent contractor.
Article 705. The distribution of risks between the parties.
Article 706. General Contractor and Subcontractor.
Article 707. Participation in the performance of work of several persons.
Article 708. Deadlines for the performance of work.
Article 709. Price of work.
Article 710. Saving the contractor.
Article 711. Procedure for payment for work.
Article 712. The right of the contractor to retain.
Article 713. Performance of work using the customer’s material.
Article 714. The responsibility of the contractor for the failure to preserve the property provided by the customer.
Article 715. Rights of the customer during the performance of work by the contractor.
Article 716. Circumstances about which the contractor is obliged to warn the customer.
Article 717. Refusal of the customer to perform the contract.
Section 718. Customer Assistance
Article 719. Failure by the customer of the counter obligations under the contract agreement.
Article 721. Quality of work.
Article 722. Quality Assurance.
Article 723. Responsibility of the contractor for the inadequate quality of work.
Article 724. The timing of detection of inadequate quality of the result of the work.
Article 725. Limitation on claims about inadequate quality of work.
Article 726. The duty of the contractor to transfer information to the customer.
Article 727. Confidentiality of information received by parties.
Article 728. Return by the contractor of property transferred by the customer.
Article 729. Consequences of termination of a contract of work prior to acceptance of the result of the work.
Article 730. Household Contract.
Article 731. Guarantees of the rights of the customer.
Article 732. Providing the customer with information about the proposed work.
Article 733. Performance of work from the material of the contractor.
Article 734. Performance of work from the customer’s material.
Article 735. Price and payment for work.
Article 736. A warning to the customer about the conditions of use of the work performed.
Article 737. Consequences of finding deficiencies in the work performed.
Article 738. Consequences of the absence of the customer for obtaining the result of the work.
Article 739. The rights of the customer in the event of improper performance or non-performance of work under a household contract.
Article 740. Construction Contract.
Article 741. The distribution of risk between the parties.
Article 742. Insurance of a construction object.
Article 743. Technical documentation and estimates.
Article 744. Amendments to technical documentation.
Article 745. The provision of construction materials and equipment.
Article 746. Payment for work.
Article 747. Additional obligations of the customer under a construction contract.
Article 748. Control and supervision of the customer over the performance of work under a construction contract.
Article 749. Participation of an engineer (engineering organization) in the exercise of rights and the fulfillment of customer duties.
Article 750. Cooperation of the parties in a construction contract.
Article 751. Obligations of the contractor for the protection of the environment and the safety of construction work.
Article 752. Consequences of the conservation of construction.
Article 753. Surrender and acceptance of work.
Article 754. The responsibility of the contractor for the quality of work.
Article 755. Quality assurance in a construction contract.
Article 756. The timing of detection of inadequate quality of construction work.
Article 757. Elimination of defects at the expense of the customer.
Article 758. Contract for the performance of design and exploration work.
Article 759. Baseline data for the design and survey work.
Article 760. Obligations of the contractor.
Article 761. Responsibility of the contractor for inadequate performance of design and exploration work.
Article 762. Duties of the customer.
Article 763. State or municipal contract for the performance of contract work for state or municipal needs.
Article 764. Parties to a state or municipal contract.
Article 765. Grounds and procedure for concluding a state or municipal contract.
Article 766. The content of a state or municipal contract.
Article 767. Amendment of a state or municipal contract.
Article 768. Legal regulation of a state or municipal contract.