Article 968. Mutual insurance.
1. Citizens and legal entities may insure their property and other property interests specified in clause 2 of Article 929 of this Code on a reciprocal basis by combining the necessary funds for this in mutual insurance societies.
2. Mutual insurance societies carry out property insurance and other property interests of their members and are non-profit organizations.
The peculiarities of the legal status of mutual insurance societies and the conditions of their activity are determined in accordance with this Code by the law on mutual insurance.
3. The societies of mutual insurance of property and property interests of their members shall be insured directly on the basis of membership, unless the company's constituent documents provide for the conclusion of insurance contracts in these cases.
The rules provided for by this chapter shall apply to insurance relations between a mutual insurance company and its members, unless otherwise provided by the law on mutual insurance, the constituent documents of the relevant company or the rules of insurance established by it.
4. The implementation of compulsory insurance through mutual insurance is allowed in cases provided for by the law on mutual insurance.
5. A mutual insurance company may, as an insurer, insure the interests of persons who are not members of a company, if such insurance activity is provided for by its constituent documents, the company is formed as a commercial organization, has a permit (license) to carry out insurance of the relevant type and meets other requirements, established by the law on the organization of the insurance business.
The insurance of the interests of persons who are not members of the mutual insurance society is carried out by the company under insurance contracts in accordance with the rules provided for by this chapter.
<< Article 967 TKRF Back to table of contents Article 969 TKRF >>
References to other articles of chapter 48. Insurance:
Article 927. Voluntary and compulsory insurance.
Article 928. Interests whose insurance is not allowed.
Article 929. Property insurance contract.
Article 930. Property insurance.
Article 931. Insurance of liability for causing harm.
Article 932. Liability insurance under the contract.
Article 933. Insurance of business risk.
Article 934. The contract of personal insurance.
Article 935. Compulsory insurance.
Article 936. Implementation of compulsory insurance.
Article 937. Consequences of violation of the rules on compulsory insurance.
Article 938. Insurer.
Article 939. Fulfillment of obligations under an insurance contract by the insured and beneficiary.
Article 940. The form of the insurance contract.
Article 941. Insurance under the general policy.
Article 942. The essential terms of the insurance contract.
Article 943. The definition of the terms of the insurance contract in the rules of insurance.
Article 944. Information provided by the policyholder upon entry into the insurance contract.
Article 945. The right of the insurer to assess the insured risk.
Article 946. The secret of insurance.
Article 947. Sum Insured.
Article 948. Challenging the insurance value of the property.
Article 949. Incomplete property insurance.
Article 950. Additional property insurance.
Article 951. Consequences of insurance beyond the insured value.
Article 952. Property insurance against various insurance risks.
Article 953. Insurance.
Article 954. Insurance premium and insurance premiums.
Article 955. Replacement of the insured person.
Article 956. Replacement of the beneficiary.
Article 957. Commencement of the insurance contract.
Article 958. Early Termination of the Insurance Contract
Article 959. Consequences of an increase in insurance risk during the term of the insurance contract.
Article 960. Transfer of rights to the insured property to another person.
Article 961. Notification of the insurer of the occurrence of the insured event.
Article 962. Reduction of losses from the insured event.
Article 963. Consequences of the insured event due to the fault of the insured, beneficiary or insured person.
Article 964. Grounds for exemption of the insurer from the payment of insurance compensation and the sum insured.
Article 965. Transfer to the insurer of the rights of the policyholder for damages (subrogation).
Article 966. Limitation of actions on claims related to property insurance.
Article 967. Reinsurance.
Article 969. Mandatory state insurance.
Article 970. Application of general rules on insurance to special types of insurance.